Spiced Chicken Tomato Salsa
With Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste
1) Bring water to a boil and cook buckwheat as per packet instructions. Add turmeric into buckwheat. Once the buckwheat is cooked, fluff it and set it aside.
2) Marinade chicken with Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste and season with sea salt. Set aside for 15 minutes before cooking. In the meantime, prepare the tomato salsa.
3) Add the tomatoes, chilli and parsley into a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and season with a pinch of salt. Mix well and set aside
4) Heat up a pan and pour in some olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken for 7-10 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
5) In a clean pan, pour in a bit of olive oil and sauté the red onions for 1 minute. Add the kale and stir for 1 minute before squeezing in the other half of the lemon. Cook for a further 1 minute before removing it from the heat.
6) Assemble the buckwheat, tomato salsa, spiced chicken, and kale onto a plate and enjoy!
*Top tip: Make in large batches to store it in the fridge for your busy weekday lunch.