Soy Braised Tofu
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Soy Sauce
- 280g firm tofu (cubed)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- 1/2 green chilli (sliced)
- 1/2 spring onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup water
- Cornstarch solution (1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoon water)
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 bottle Mak Tok’s Sweet Soy Sauce
- A handful of toasted sesame seeds for garnishing
- Oil for cooking
1) Pour oil onto a pan and heat it up. Add tofu pieces and pan-fry for 4 minutes or until all sides are golden brown. Remove tofu pieces and set them aside.
2) In a clean pan, pour in some oil and heat it up. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute before adding in the tofu pieces. Add water and when it starts to bubble, pour in Mak Tok’s Sweet Soy Sauce. Give it a stir and then add the chillies and cornstarch solution. Mix well and add the spring onions before finally garnishing the dish with some sesame seeds.
*Top tip: Substitute the chillis for bell peppers if you prefer a less spicy dish.