- 1 tbsp Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste
- 2 chicken breast (cubed)
- 2-inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 5g Fresh tarragon or basil leaves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 150g rice stick noodles
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 stalk asparagus (halved)
- 40g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- sesame seeds for garnishing
To serve (optional): spring onions, chilli, crushed peanuts, coriander, lime
1) Soak noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions.
2) Fry the chicken pieces in coconut oil for 4 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
3) Add garlic and ginger and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
4) Add Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste , fish sauce and palm sugar and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan onto a plate.
5) Stir fry the vegetables in the same pan adding a little water if the remaining paste starts to stick.
6) When the vegetables are almost cooked, add a little more water if needed and Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste. Cook a further one minute.
7) Add the chicken back to the pan and drizzle in the sesame oil and soy sauce to taste.
8) Stir in the cooked noodles to coat with the sauce then serve immediately with some sesame seeds as garnish.
Tips: Can be served with toasted peanuts instead of sesame seeds. A nice alternative is to use sirloin stead instead of chicken. Pan fired medium rare with garlic, ginger, and Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste then served sliced on top of noodles.