Chicken Lor Bak
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste & Sweet Soy Sauce
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2.5 tablespoon Mak Tok’s Sweet Soy Sauce
- 3 beancurd sheet
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- warm water to soak the beancurd sheet
- oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoon Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste as a dip
1) Place the chicken thigh fillets in a large bowl and add garlic powder, ginger powder, white pepper, sesame oil, and Mak Tok’s Sweet Soy Sauce. Mix well and allow to marinate for at least 4 hours.
2) Soak the beancurd sheet in warm water 15-20 minutes before wrapping the lor bak.
3)Crack an egg and separate the egg yolk and white. Add the yolk to the marinated chicken and save the white as the glue for our beancurd sheet.
4) Once the beancurd sheets have softened, remove them from the water and gently dab dry with a paper towel. Next, add the marinated chicken to the beancurd sheet and roll them up as you would with sushi roll.
5) In a deep pan, add oil and heat it up. Deep-fry the lor bak for 15-20 minutes on medium heat. To make sure that the filling is thoroughly cooked, slice the middle part or the thickest part of the lor bak to check.
6) Serve the chicken lor bak with Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste.
*Top tip: You can also dip your chicken lor bak with some Sweet Soy Sauce.