Spicy Tofu Sambal
With Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste
- 250g extra firm tofu (sliced)
- 1/2 medium onion (sliced)
- 50ml water
- 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 piece kaffir lime leaf (sliced)
- 2 tablespoon Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste
- 5g of coriander (chipped)
- 30g pineapples (diced)
- 1 tablespoon oil
1) Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and pan fry for about 4 minutes or until all sides are golden brown.
2) Add the onions and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to low and stir in 1 tablespoon of Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste and water. Continue to stir for 30 seconds before adding in pineapples, soy sauce and kaffir lime leaves.
3) Add another tablespoon of Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste and stir in well.
4) Plate it and garnish it with some fresh coriander before serving.
*Top tip: add a squeeze of lime on the dish for an appetising touch.