Sweet and Spicy Cherry Tomato Tartlets
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste per tartlet
- 6 ready-made vegan tartlet cases
- 6 pcs cherry tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 30g courgette (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/4 of lime
- 3 basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 150ºC while you prepare the fillings.
2) Heat up a pan and pour in the olive oil. Add the cherry tomatoes and courgette into the pan and stir fry for 3 minutes on medium heat or until they are soft and slightly caramelised. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, lime juice and basil into a pan. Give it a good stir for 30 seconds before setting the pan aside. Your filling is now ready!
3) Place the ready-made tartlet cases on a baking tray and add the fillings into each of the cases. Place the tartlets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
4) Remove the tartlets from the oven and add your Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste on each of them. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
*Top tip: for non-vegans, try adding a bit of parmesan cheese after the filling and bake it in the oven as instructed above. This will give your sweet and spicy cherry tomato tartlets another layer of umaminess.