Chicken Arrabbiata Penne
With Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste
- 1 chicken breast (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 100g dried penne
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and pan fry for about 4 minutes. Add the diced onions and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and stir in Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste and garlic.
2) Add the penne, dried oregano, canned tomatoes, and chicken stock into the pot. Bring it to a boil before lowering the heat to a simmer. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes. Stir the pasta occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning. If it dries up, add a splash of water to the pan bits by bit.
3) Garnish with some fresh parsley or basil before serving.
*Top tip: add a splash of red wine a few minutes before the dish is done for extra flavour.