Hearty Pumpkin Soup
With Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste
- 500g diced pumpkin (skinned)
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste
- 80ml double cream
- salt to taste
1) Add Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste into a saucepan and sauté with the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the pumpkins and continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
2) Pour chicken stock into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
3) Turn off the heat and allow to cool for at least 5-10 minutes. Using a hand blender, blend the soup while adding the double cream. Season with salt.
4) Serve the hearty pumpkin soup with some butter on toast.