Simple Vegetable Curry (Sayur Masak Lemak)
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
- 3 tablespoon Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 large potato (cubed)
- 1 carrot (thick matchsticks)
- 50g green beans
- 100g white cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 wedge of lime
- a handful of coriander for garnishing
1) Add 2 tablespoon of Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste and coconut milk into a pot and bring to a boil.
2) Add potatoes and cover the pot with a lid. Lower the heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
3) After 15 minutes, add the carrots, green beans and white cabbage. Increase the heat to medium. Season the curry with salt and add an additional tablespoon of Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste.
4) Pour the simple vegetable curry (sayur masak lemak) on a large bowl. Garnish with some coriander and squeeze the lime before serving.
*Top tip: add some tofu skins for extra texture and flavour.