Pasta Salad in Coconut Sweet Chilli Dressing
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
- 200g linguine
- 1/2 cucumber (julienned)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salt for pasta water
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 30g coriander (chopped)
- 1 spring onion (sliced)
- 4 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
1) Bring a pot of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt to it before cooking the pasta as per instruction. Once pasta is ready, rinse with tap water and drizzle a bit of oil to it. This will prevent the pasta from sticking to one another.
2) Add julienned carrots and cucumber to a bowl. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and allow to sit for 15 minutes. After that, rinse away the excess salt with tap water and set aside.
3) Prepare the salad dressing by mixing the coconut milk with Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste.
4) Assemble the dish on a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds. Best served cold.
*Top tip: drizzle some sesame oil for a delicious nutty flavour.