Mak Tok Ltd. (Hari Merdeka Competition 2020) Terms & Conditions
By participating in Hari Merdeka Competition 2020 run by Mak Tok Ltd. (“Mak Tok”), you agree to be bound by the specific rules of the particular competition (the “Competition Rules”) in addition to these Terms and Conditions. The decision of Mak Tok shall be final in all matters relating to Competitions.
1. The promoter is Mak Tok Ltd. (“Mak Tok”) whose registered office is at Hallam i-Lab, Aspect Court Sheffield S1 2BG.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years of age or over at the time of entry.
3. The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be seen in point 10.
4. Feel free to join multiple entries by sharing different photos/posts, but we will finally choose one winner.
5. The starting date for entry will be 24th August 2020 12.00 BST.
6. The closing date for entry will be 1st September 2020 at 11.59 BST. After this date, we, unfortunately, are not able to accept further entries.
7. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
8. Mak Tok reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without prior notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. Mak Tok is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. The way to enter the competition:
During the time period from 24th August 2020 12.00 BST to 1st September 2020 11.59 BST within the collaborated restaurants’ opening hours, the participants who order and have the food at the collaborated restaurants can ask the staff for Mak Tok fire chilli pastes. The participants should take a photo of both the food and Mak Tok fire chilli pastes (with the chilli paste shown in the photo) and share the photo on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, tagging both the restaurant and Mak Tok.
11. The restaurants participating in this campaign are as follows:
(1) My Thai Restaurant, Merrion Centre, 43 Wade Lane, Leeds, LS2 8NJ
(2) My Thai Restaurant, 200 Keighley Road, Bradford, BD9 4JZ
(3) My Thai Restaurant, Unit G19, Smithfield Buildings, 42 Tib Street, Manchester M4 1LA
(4) My Thai Restaurant, Unit C, 11 St James Square, John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6DN
(5) Thai Corner Dean Clough, Mill Halifax, HX3 5AX
(6) Laksamania, 92 Newman Street Fitzrovia, London W1T 3EZ
(7) Sukawatee, 88 Hermitage Rd, Hitchin SG5 1DB
(8) Rasa Sayang, 15 Frith Street London, W1D 4RE
12. The prize is as follows:
- 1 x Malaysian Bundle worth £34
- 1 x £20 dining voucher at one of our participating restaurants
13. Winners will be chosen by Mak Tok’s creative panel consisting of our branding director, social media manager, and 2 independent designers from Crafter’s Companion.
14. The winner will be notified by direct message on either Twitter, Facebook or Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. A team member from Mak Tok will contact the winner and discuss, when and where the prize can be collected/delivered to.
16. The participant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered. You will retain the copyright of your entries at all times and always be credited alongside your picture.
17. If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way by any entry we receive, Mak Tok reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
18. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
20. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22. We (Mak Tok Limited) reserve the right to explain the terms of the event.
23. Comments, questions or complaints regarding Competitions or these Terms and Conditions should be directed to Mak Tok Limited.