Merdeka Day Celebration
SNAP, TAG, SHARE, WIN
How excited are you …
… to know the August Summer Bank Holiday is here? To top that off, we have seen restaurants gradually re-opening, with many of them offering a 50% discount in conjunction with the Eat Out to Help Out campaign.
It doesn’t stop there because…
… coincidently, this year’s Summer Bank Holiday (31st August) falls on the same day as Malaysia’s Independence Day (Hari Merdeka)! To celebrate this, we are collaborating with a few of our restaurant friends to bring you a week-long celebration starting from the 24th of August 2020 to 1st of September 2020! You get to enjoy Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Pastes at these restaurants and there is even a competition where you can win a prize worth £50!
What is Hari Merdeka?
Hari Merdeka is the official Independence Day of Malaysia which is celebrated on 31st August every year. This is to commemorate the great event on 31st August in 1957 that the Federation of Malaya (predecessor to Malaysia) gained independence from the British Empire.
Also, during the competition period (24th August 2020 12:00 BST – 1st September 2020 11:59 BST), you can shop at our website, with code: HariMerdeka for 10% off discount!
1. How can I join the competition?
During the time period from 24th August 2020 12.00 BST to 1st September 2020 11.59 BST within the collaborated restaurants’ opening hours, the participants who order and have the food at the collaborated restaurants can ask the staff for Mak Tok fire chilli pastes. The participants should take a photo of both the food and Mak Tok fire chilli pastes (with the chilli paste shown in the photo) and share the photo on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, tagging both the restaurant and Mak Tok.
2. What restaurants are participating in the campaign?
(1) My Thai Restaurant, Merrion Centre, 43 Wade Lane, Leeds, LS2 8NJ
(2) My Thai Restaurant, 200 Keighley Road, Bradford, BD9 4JZ
(3) My Thai Restaurant, Unit G19, Smithfield Buildings, 42 Tib Street, Manchester M4 1LA
(4) My Thai Restaurant, Unit C, 11 St James Square, John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6DN
(5) Thai Corner Dean Clough, Mill Halifax, HX3 5AX
(6) Laksamania, 92 Newman Street Fitzrovia, London W1T 3EZ
(7) Sukawatee, 88 Hermitage Rd, Hitchin SG5 1DB
(8) Rasa Sayang, 15 Frith Street London, W1D 4RE
3. What if I am not in the cities that are listed above? Can I go to the other branches in my city?
Unfortunately we only collaborate with the restaurants that are listed above. If you are not in the cities that are in the list, but also want to have a try of our chilli pastes, why not have a look of our website? We are offering 10% off discount for your every purchase during the competition period. You just need to use the code: HariMerdeka
4. Do I have to pay to enter the competition?
No. The competition is free to join. The only thing you need to pay for is the fee for your food at the restaurant! Please don’t dine-and-dash regardless of how adventurous you are.
5. Is there any requirement on the photo that I share?
In terms of the style of the photo, it’s up to you. But please bear in mind you should be the owner of the copyright for all images entered and for the person or people you feature in the photo, don’t forget to ask for their permission 🙂
6. Which social media platform should I post photo on?
Either Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. But don’t forget to tag both Mak Tok and the restaurant you dined in!
7. What if I cannot find the accounts of the restaurants and Mak Tok on the social media?
Just tag us (@maktok.uk) and the location of the restaurant. If that is not possible as well, why not just add the following hashtag #maktokoclock
8. How will the winner be selected?
After the competition finishes, our creative panel will have a meeting, discussing on the photos you shared. Our creative panel will also share why they selected the winner.
9. How will I be contacted if I am selected to become the winner?
The winner will be contacted through a direct message by Mak Tok accounts on the social media platform that you share photos on.
10. Where can I find more details? What if I have other queries?
You can find more details in Mak Tok Ltd. (Hari Merdeka Competition 2020) Terms & Conditions. Should you have more queries, feel free to contact: [email protected]