Sambal Chicken Wings
with Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Place chicken wings into a big mixing bowl. Season with salt and marinade with Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste for 5 minutes.
3) Lay a baking sheet on a baking tray and place the wings on it. Put the tray in the oven and allow the wings to cook for 20 minutes.
4) After 20 minutes, remove the wings from the oven. Flip them and place it on a wire rack. Now place the wire rack on the baking tray so that the juice from the chicken will be used to moisturise the wings in the oven.
5) Place the wings back in the oven and allow to further cook for 25-30 minutes.
6) After the wings are done, remove from the oven and serve with celery sticks and Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste as a dip.
*Top tip: For a more intense flavour, marinate the wings overnight in the fridge.