Crispy Dumplings with Spicy Mince Topping (Vegan)
With Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste
For the topping
1) In a bowl, create the dumpling filling by mixing the Meatless Farm Co. Mince with leafy part of Chinese leaf, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
2) Prepare a bowl of water. Place the dumpling wrapper on your palm and place a small amount of the dumpling filling in the centre. Once that is done, lightly wet the edges of the dumpling skin and wrap the dumpling up. Secure the ends by gently squeezing it.
3) Pour some oil into a deep pan and heat it up. Now, deep fry the dumplings until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
4) In another bowl, prepare the spicy mince topping by adding the Meatless Farm Co Mince with the stem part of Chinese leaf, spring onions, and red onions.
5) Lightly oil a pan and heat it up. Add the mince topping onto the pan and stir fry for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add cornstarch mixed with water, additional 1/4 cup of water, soy sauce and salt. Finally, add Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste and sauté well.
6) Place the dumplings on a plate and add the spicy mince topping on top of the dumplings. Garnish with some spring onions and add a squeeze of lime before serving.
Top tip: If you have extra of the spicy mince topping, save it for next time when you are making noodles and just add it on top.