Egg Roll Sushi
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
1) Cook your sushi rice as per instructions.
2) Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix well with soy sauce, garlic powder, carrots, coriander, and smoked frankfurters. You will be cooking the egg roll in 3 portions.
3) Pour in some oil to a heated pan and add the first portion. Spread the egg mixture evenly and cover with a lid. Allow to cook for 1 minute before rolling the egg gently to the end of the pan without removing it from the pan.
4) Pour the 2nd portion of the egg mixture on the open side of the pan and cover with the lid. Now roll the first egg roll to the opposite side of the pan – combining with the 2nd layer to make a thicker roll. Repeat this step with the 3rd portion. Remove egg roll from pan and set aside.
5) In a large mixing bowl, add sushi rice and apple cider vinegar together. Mix well.
6) Place a cling film on a tea towel/bamboo matt/sushi roller. Add the rice on it and gently flatten with before adding the egg roll in the middle. Now, roll the rice and egg roll together.
7) Slice the egg roll sushi into half and sprinkle with some sesame seed. Serve with some Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste.
*Top tip: Sushi rice needs to be at room temperature before you start rolling