Nutty Satay Roast Beef
With Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste
For the gravy
1) Preheat oven to 230°C.
2) Rub some salt all over the beef and marinate with Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3) Place a baking sheet on a roasting tray and pour in the oil. Add the vegetables and toss them well making sure all pieces are covered with a touch of oil. Season with some salt. Add the beef on top of the vegetables.
4) Roast the beef in the oven for 20 minutes on 230°C. Reduce the heat to 175°C after 20 minutes and continue roasting for another 20 minutes.
5) Remove the beef from the oven and set to cool on a cooling rack. Be sure to cover the beef with a kitchen foil and allow to rest to room temperature (around 30 minutes).
6) While the beef is resting, prepare the gravy. Heat up a saucepan and add butter and water. Next, add the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and beef stock cube into the saucepan. Whisk the mixture. Now, mix the cornflour with some water before adding it into the mixture. Continue whisking on low heat until your gravy thickens up.
Top tip: The beef needs to rest and come to room temperature to ensure its juiciness when serving.