With Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste
1) Preheat oven to 230°C.
2) Pour Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil into all 12 holes of the muffin tray. Next, heat it up in the oven.
3) Add plain flour, eggs, and milk into a mixing bowl and mix well. Now, separate the batter to two portions: 1 for your traditional Yorkshire Pudding, and the other for the Malaysian twist.
4) For the traditional Yorkshire Pudding, season with salt and pepper. Mix well. As for the Malaysian twist, add powdered sugar and pandan powder to the mixture. Mix well.
5) Remove the muffin tray from the oven and start filling each hole with the batter – making sure to leave a tiny space at the top. Quickly and carefully return the tray into the oven. Leave it to cook and rise for 20 minutes.
6) After 20 minutes, remove the Yorkshire Puddings and serve immediately with some Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste. Allow the Yorkshire Pudding to cool completely if planning to freeze it for future use.
Top tip: The oil needs to be really hot before you pour the batter on it to ensure it will rise. Also, do not open the oven to check the Yorkshire Pudding halfway through the cooking process.