With Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste
1) Preheat your oven to 175°C.
2) Slice the chicken breast into smaller chunks before putting it into a food processor along with Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste, desiccated coconut, salt, and cornstarch. Blitz well until you achieve a meat paste.
3) Place a baking sheet on top of a baking tray and lightly brush with a tiny bit of oil.
4) Gently bruise the end of the lemongrass and wrap the meat paste around it. Place it on the baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
5) Prepare your condiments. The first is the satay dip which is just by scooping up some Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste. The second is a crunchy onion spicy sauce. For this, mix fried shallots with Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste and oil.
6) After 25 mins, remove the Sate Lilit from the oven and serve with condiments.
*Top tip: BBQ the Sate Lilit for a more authentic taste.