Quick & Easy Fishcakes
With Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste
1) Crack an egg into a mixing bowl and whisk it with a fork. Now, add the drained tuna flakes, Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste, salt, and plain flour into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients well to create a fish paste.
2) Pour some oil into a frying pan and heat it up. Lower the heat to medium-low.
3) Scoop a tablespoon the fish paste and place it on the palm of your hands. Continuously transfer the fish paste from one palm to another until you achieve a patty-like shape. Immediately place the patty onto the pan.
4) Cook for 2 minutes before flipping the patty. After flipping, pan fry for another 2 minutes before taking them out from the pan.
5) Garnish with some roughly chopped coriander and serve immediately.
*Top tip: Use Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste as a dip for the fishcake.