Pork Belly with Spiced Chocolate Sauce
With Mak Tok’s Signature and Sweet Chilli Paste
For the sauce
1) Create the spiced chocolate sauce by mixing the melted dark chocolate with Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste and a pinch of salt. Set aside
2) Fill a saucepan with boiling water and blanch the pork belly for 2 minutes. Remove the pork belly from the water and pat dry with a paper towel. Now, marinate the pork belly with Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste and season with salt.
3) Heat up another saucepan and pour in the oil. Deep fry the marinated pork belly for 5 minutes. Remove and place it on a serving plate.
4) Heat up a pan and gently toast the wintermelon without any oil until all sides are lightly brown. Remove from pan and place it on serving plate along with the pork.
5) Add the peaches and parsley before finally garnishing the dish with a brush of spiced chocolate sauce.
*Top tip: remove the skin of pork belly unless you like the chewy texture.