Minced Meat Egg Tofu
With Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste
1) Mix minced turkey with Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Heat up a pan and add oil to fry the egg tofu. Be very gentle as the egg tofu is very delicate. Pan fry each side for 4 mins before removing it from the pan. Set aside.
3) Remove access oil from the pan leaving only about 2 tablespoons of oil. Add minced turkey and stir fry for 2 minutes before adding in the mushrooms, water, carrots, peas, and dark brown sugar. Stir well.
4) Create a well in the middle of the pan and pour in the egg. Gently stir the egg while it is cooking and once it starts to thicken up, mix it with the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
5) Pour all the minced meat on top of the egg tofu. Serve with a warm bowl of rice or noodles.
- If you want this dish to be saucy, add 1/2 cup of water mixed with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of soy sauce and a dash of white pepper. Pour this in at the final minute after mixing the eggs with the rest of the ingredients.