Buttermilk Chicken Noodles
With Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste
1) Mix plain flour, egg, Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of evaporated milk in a bowl to create a batter. Add chicken into the batter and coat well.
2) Heat up a wok or deep pan and add oil to it. Fry chicken for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove, drain and set chicken aside.
3) In a clean wok, add melt butter on low heat and gently fry curry leaves for 30 seconds.
4) Pour evaporated milk into the wok, increase the heat to medium and bring to boil. Once the evaporated milk is boiling, immediately reduce the heat to low. Add egg noodles, water, sugar, curry powder and garlic powder. Season with salt and white pepper powder.
5) Finally, add the cooked chicken and mix well. Serve your Malaysian-style buttermilk chicken noodles immediately.
- You can substitute all the curry leaves with a piece of bay leaf.
- Keep stirring your noodles in the wok and add water sparingly if it starts to dry up.