With Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste
1) Cut tofu into 1.5 inch thickness and season with salt. Make sure to rub every part of the tofu. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
2) Heat up oil in a deep frying pan. Test the oil to make sure that it is ready by using a wooden chopstick. If it starts to bubble, the oil is ready for deep frying. Gently place the tofu into the pan and deep fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove the tofu and set aside to cool.
3) Prepare the sauce in the meantime by adding soy sauce to Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste in a bowl and mix well.
4) Once the tofu is cooled, gently cut it into half. After that, use a butter knife and gently make an incision in the flesh (inner part) of the tofu. Stuff the carrot, cucumber and beansprouts in it.
5) Serve stuffed tofu with the seasoned Mak Tok’s Satay Chilli Paste!
Top tip: The flesh or inner part of the tofu can be very hot even when the outer skin is cool to the touch so be really careful.