This pineapple chicken salad is full of flavour, colour and is just…. delicious! This is perfect for a light lunch and is a nice side to a BBQ.
1) Slice the chicken then marinade with Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste and season with some salt. After that, coat the chicken with an egg and some cornstarch. Mix well and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2) Add oil in a deep pan and heat it up. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the chicken until golden brown. Remove the golden brown chicken pieces and place aside to cool while you make the salad dressing.
3) Add mayonnaise, Mak Tok’s Ltd Ed. Pineapple Relish, and condensed milk in a bowl. Season with salt and mix well.
4) Drain the pineapple and cut into chunks. In a large bowl, mix the chicken, pineapple chunks, and salad dressing together, then add the chicken.
5) Garnish with some spring onions before serving.
Top tip: Deep fry the chicken in 2 or more batches to ensure all pieces are cooked to perfection.