Sticky Turmeric Rice
1) Soak the glutinous rice overnight or for at leat 2 hours with a cup of water and turmeric powder.
2) Line parchment paper on a wide baking tin and place the glutinous rice on it. Spread evenly. Drizzle 2 tbsp of coconut milk over the rice. Season with a pinch of salt.
3) Steam the glutinous rice for 20-30 minutes.
Chicken Rendang (side dish)
1) Add chicken thighs, boiled potatoes, a jar Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste and 2 tablespoon of water into a pot. Bring it to a boil before lowering the heat and allow it to simmer for the next 15 mins without the lid. (add water sparingly to avoid the curry/rendang to dry out).
2) Pour the coconut milk in the rendang and mix well. Continue stirring and allow it to come to a boil over medium heat.
3) Add desiccated coconut and serve with sticky turmeric rice.
- Substitute the parchment paper with multiple pandan leaves for that ultimate aroma.
- Use toasted desiccated coconut to give the rendang an extra nutty flavour.