1) Create otak-otak mixture by adding all ingredients – including Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste , into a food processor and mix well. Place a scoop of the mixture onto parchment paper and wrap well.
2) Preheat oven to 200 degree Celcius. Place wrapped otak-otak on a baking rack and grill it in the oven for 5 mins. After 5 mins, take it out and flip the otak-otak before putting them back in the oven for another 5 mins.
3) Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve on a plate and garnish with some finely sliced kaffir lime leaves.
1) Create otak-otak mixture by adding all ingredients – including Mak Tok’s Rendang Chilli Paste , into a food processor and mix well.
2) Pour mixture into a soufflé dish or bowl and put a lid on before popping it into a microwave oven on high for 5 mins.
3) Garnish with kaffir lime leaves.
- Safe your grilled otak-otak for some other day by placing them in the freezer. When you want to eat them, just put them in the microwave oven for 1 min on medium and enjoy!
- Rehydrate dried kaffir lime leaves by soaking them in boiling water