1) Add chicken stock and the head of prawns in a deep pot and bring to boil. When the stock is boiling, add the chicken breast fillet. Once the chicken breast is done, remove and set aside. Turn the heat down to low and allow the broth to simmer whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
*Top tip: the longer you simmer the broth with the prawn heads in it, the better as this will determine the umami-ness of your broth.
2) Heat up a deep pan on low heat and gently sauté the shrimp paste for 15 seconds before adding in Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste. Stir for 30 seconds and add fish sauce. Now, add the paste to the broth.
3) Add coconut milk into the broth and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add the tofu puffs, Asian fish cakes, and tiger prawns. Allow the laksa broth to boil continuously for 5 mins before turning the heat to low.
4) In a separate pot, add boiling water and cook the noodles for 2 mins. Remove noodles and place it in a bowl. Now, pour the laksa broth to the noodles before adding the blanched beansprouts, green beans, boiled eggs, and cooked chicken breast fillets.
5) Squeeze some lime and serve it while the noodles is hot. But before that, remember to be a total foodie by taking a pic for the Insta and tag @maktok.uk with #MyLaksaIsBetterThanYours