Sweet Chilli Beef
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
This sweet chilli beef recipe is perfect for your Friday night fakeaway that all the family will enjoy! With only a few ingredients needed, you’ll be able to whip this up in no time.
1) Mix cornflour with flour in a bowl before coating the beef steak strips.
2) Next, heat up oil in a wok or large frying pan. Deep fry the beef strips until golden brown.
3) Remove the beef strips from the oil and drain them onto kitchen roll. Leave approximately 2 tablespoons of oil and pour away the rest.
4) Using a chopping board, slice the carrots and onions then add them into the wok and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5) Add Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste and water to create the sauce. Stir well.
6) Lastly, add the beef strips and season with some salt. Give it another good stir making sure the beef strips are fully coated.
7) Serve the sweet chilli beef with fried egg noodles or a bowl of warm rice.