Mak Tok’s Cookbook
Sweet Chilli Beef
With Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
1) Mix cornflour with flour in a bowl before coating the beef steak strips.
2) Heat up oil in a wok or large frying pan. Deep fry beef strips until golden brown.
3) Remove beef strips from oil and drain on kitchen towel. Leave approximately 2 tablespoons of oil and pour away the rest.
4) Add carrots and onions into the wok and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5) Add Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste and water to create the sauce. Stir well.
6) Lastly, add the beef strips and season with salt. Give it another good stir making sure the beef strips are fully coated.
7) Serve sweet chilli beef with fried egg noodles or a bowl of warm rice.