Mak Tok’s Cookbook
Nasi Goreng Kampung (Village-style Fried Rice)
With Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste
1) Heat oil in a wok. When the oil is very hot, add the meat to the wok and cook for a few minutes.
2) Turn down the heat to medium-low before adding the shrimp paste, dried anchovies, and Mak Tok’s Fire Chilli Paste. Gently mix it in the wok.
3) Add chopped onions and carrots. Saute for a minute before adding the egg.
4) Increase the heat slightly more and add the rice into the wok. Season with soy sauce and a pinch of ground black pepper.
5) Enjoy your spicy Nasi Goreng Kampung with extra chilli paste.