Mak Tok’s Cookbook
Malaysian Chicken Curry
With Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste
1) Wash and dice onions, ginger, garlic, fresh chilli, and aubergine into cubes.
2) Heat up wok and add oil for frying. Sauteed everything in method (1) in medium-low heat. Add shrimp paste and homemade curry powder. Add half the water into the wok and mix well.
3) Increase heat to medium and add chicken and coat them well with all ingredients in the wok. Stir for 1 minute.
4) Add curry leaves and the remaining water. Lower the heat and cover the wok to allow it simmer to for 15 mins.
5) Remove lid and add fish sauce, tamarind, Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste and coconut milk. Season with a pinch of salt or to taste. Allow to simmer for another 5-10 mins.
6) Ready to serve with warm jasmine rice, roti, or Pandan Yorkshire Pudding.